Saturday, July 11, 2009

Harem Pants- Love them or Hate them?


It seems that most people hate the new McHammer-esuqe Harem pant trend. Me- I'm a little on the fence about them. This particular example really just makes me think of a grown-up diaper. But I have seen ones that can work, and many of the major designers have also jumped on board- DVF, YSL, Ralph Lauren among others. While living in Florence years ago I saw this trend on many of the Europeans which then slowly crossed the Atlantic over to the US around 2008, and still growing slowly- Spring and Summer 09 were big season's for the interesting trend. I don't think they've hit their max just yet- so can plan on watching the trend blossom and change. My advice- get the higher crotch that has more volume and slowly narrows to the bottom. The length should hit mid calf- and make sure to pair with some killer heels. Be bold!

No comments: